Last update: October 2nd, 2020
1. Purpose of the Application
The Application is designed to facilitate learning for children aged 2 to 12 with developmental disabilities.
We recommend that the use of the Application be supervised by an educational professional in order to select appropriate programs and parameters for each child.
We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable and non-sub-licensable license to install and run the Application on one or more iPad devices (or any other device designated by Lanovaz Lab as compatible with the Application) for the purposes permitted by these terms and conditions. You are authorized to make personal and non-commercial use of the Application for the purposes described in Section 1 hereof.
We may, in our sole discretion, terminate the license granted to you to use all or part of the Application or its content for any reason, including, without limitation, failure to comply with the terms and conditions of use. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be grounds for terminating your license.
3. YouTube Content
The license to the Application does not include any professional services or technical support. We may provide advice or technical support to our users at our sole discretion and on terms determined at our sole discretion, but we make no commitment in this regard.
Updates to the Application may be made available by Lanovaz Lab at its sole discretion. Any installed updates are subject to these Terms and Conditions or to terms and conditions modified in accordance with Section 18. We do not warrant that any version of the Application will be compatible with your device.
6. Our Content
The content available through the Application is our property or is used by Lanovaz Lab under license.
Some content available through the Application may also be available from other sources and under licenses different from this license. We make no representations about such content, and you are entirely responsible for any use made under any other license.
7. Prohibited Use
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you are also prohibited from using the Application or permitting any third party to use the Application for :
- Participate in commercial activities or operate a business;
- Distribute or make available to the public (whether free of charge or for a fee) the Application or the information and content available through the Application;
- Conduct competitive research or benchmarking;
- Participate in the development of an Application, software or learning program offering features similar to those of the Application;
- Participate in the transmission of spam, or unsolicited mass e-mail communications;
- Send or disseminate any computer code that is malicious or intended to cause harm;
- Encourage illegal activities or conduct;
- Solicit passwords or other confidential information from others;
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Application or any server or network involved in the operation of the Application;
8. Personal Data
We do not collect data from the Application except when you choose to share data with us using the features of the Application.
If you choose to communicate with us about improvements to the Application or our services or about new products and services (we will refer to such communications as “Suggestions“):
- we will be entitled to use the Suggestions without restriction, without any obligation to consult with you or to pay you;
- you irrevocably assign to us any right, title and interest you may have in the Suggestions and waive any moral rights in the Suggestions;
- you warrant that your Suggestions do not contain confidential information that you are not authorized to disclose.
10. External Content
The Application may contain links to websites or other mobile applications owned and operated by third parties. We have no control over these sites and are not responsible for their content. We link to external sites only to facilitate navigation and the availability of a link does not imply that we endorse the content of a website.
11. No Warranty
You acknowledge that your use of the Application is at your own risk. The Application is provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, except for warranties, if any, which cannot be disclaimed by law.
We do not warrant that access to the Application will be uninterrupted or secure and that the content available through the Application will be error-free, accurate, complete, and current.
We do not make any representation or warranty about results that may be obtained through your use of the Application.
12. Limitation of Liability
(Not applicable to consumers in Quebec)
14. Duration and Termination
Any notice required or permitted to be given under these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing, in the case of Lanovaz Lab, to the following email address: email@example.com.
17. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and all related transactions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
(Not applicable to consumers in Quebec)
Any dispute or litigation relating to the use of the Application or these terms and conditions must be submitted to a competent court of the Province of Quebec sitting in the judicial district of Montreal, to the exclusion of any other jurisdiction.